Travel Diary


Cala Millor 


I solemnly swear I did not live in this blue and white jumpsuit

Cala Millor is one of those gorgeous little resorts that you will have seen in picture perfect photographs. Pastel shades overlook the bluest of blue seas and the white of the sands is so aesthetically pleasing even whilst burning your feet. (Do not forget to wear shoes on the beach kids) You could easily spend
all  of your holiday money here wandering around the streets, stopping in the quaint little stores along the way and relaxing in a cafe overlooking the sea.



View from our balcony



We stayed in the respectable Protur Atalaya apartments, which I would highly recommend if you’d like to stay in this region. The rooms and amenities were great but it was the amazing 9th-floor view and proximity to the beach that were the winning points for all of us. Plus they had access to wifi in the lobby, which we found a lot of other places did not offer. Nightmare for a travelling twitter addict. But I lived to tell the tale.



So. Many. Sweets

The main street is lined with lovely little stores, from designer clothing to more upmarket pottery and plates, to the type of stores that sell all of your holiday presents. But nothing is run down or tacky, just enough of what you may like to buy as you’re wandering around. I even managed to find a sweet shop on our last night nestled in between others which meant that my flight home = sorted.


Below is the view from the Magic Catamaran boat trip that Thomson offer in the Cala D'or area of Majorca. It was an all inclusive boat for around €50 each I think. The boat is kitted out with seats and netting, so you literally lie on board all day, on the sea in the blazing sunshine and amazing breeze. You get food on board and stop two different places nearer to the shore for a swim and snorkel. Sounds amazing right? Well, it would have been, apart from the fact on this trip I realised I had seasickness and spent the majority of the time trying not to vomit. Moving on...


Back on safe land finally and I appreciated the beach even more. Sun loungers were strewn awkwardly along the shoreline amongst the white sands looking out at the sparkling blue ocean and provided the most stunning backdrop for photography. I had my camera and polaroid at the ready and got snapping away at every possible chance.







You cannot walk 20 steps here though without being in awe. Every corner is a new sight, whether it’s the sea winking through an alleyway, palm trees silhouetted by the sunshine or a cluster of pastel coloured flowers and plants.


Pictured above is the street right outside our apartments. I would have loved to hike and visit the wild horses on the mountain in the distance but that didn't come into actualisation.





And let's not forget about the food. Every day I woke up and had some fruit from the Eroski supermarket across the road. Until dinner I mainly lived on frozen yoghurt and chocolate from the fro yo store beside the beach. And then it was dinner. (which wasn't until like 9pm most nights which made me want to die.) Disappointed to note I didn't try out any "Spanish" delicacies, I mostly dined on pizza and pasta but hey, it was cheap.








I spent most of my time wearing my white and black Triangl bikini over a kimono which looked super nice but at the same time really comfortable. I got the bikini from the Triangl website but you can get knockoff versions on the boohoo website for pretty cheap. Link is here





This trip made me forget (for a little while) of all the school stress I’d left back home, including the impending Leaving Cert results (only 29 days kids) It feels weird to write but I really feel like I found myself, or at least a part of myself on this holiday. I learnt how independent I am, almost preferring at times to spend occasions alone shopping/taking photos rather than be with my friends. I realized after getting dizzy after only an hour in the sun that I much prefer travelling to cities that do not reach above 20 degrees. My eyes were awakened to the Spanish culture and language and I learnt how much in love I am with travelling and how I am so excited to leave my comfort zone of Ireland and see as much of the world as possible. (Next stop: Amsterdam, or maybe London)

You can see me featured in a Leaving Cert Holiday article Here




Bye for now kids, see you all next Monday at 9pm for another blog post. 

xoxo
Stephanie




PS. some of the font and format of pictures have come out funny on mobile view which I am trying to fix xxx 









4 comments

  1. This was such a beautiful post yo read, I love your style of writing! Also those pictures are just 😍😍😍 Did you take them with a camera or phone?

    Theresa (Ama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much again!! It was just my phone, my canon camera savings account is pending haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. might have to buy a bikini like that��

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig