August Favourites


It feels like just yesterday I was scheduling my July Favourites and now here I am with another one. 
As summer is quickly drawing to a close and I have to consider the reality of starting college I have been trying to prepare myself with a plethora of items.

Jan Marini Bioglycolic Face Cleanser*
Quite a mouthful to pronounce but this product deserves the effort. This cleanser has been a staple in my skincare routine this month. Initially, I thought the glycolic acid would be harsh on my skin but this has proved to be one of the most gentle cleansers I have ever tried. Unlike most cleansers, you apply it onto completely dry skin and then massage into your skin with water. It leaves my skin feeling so fresh and hydrated. I have dry skin and in combination with my Amie moisturiser I barely have any flakiness anymore especially around my nose area. After reading reviews on this page, I can imagine it would be perfect for combination skin too. I'm looking forward to using this especially in the colder months when my skin happens to feel dry. You can check out this product here.

MAC Strobe Cream
I bought this when I was travelling to Cala Millor back in July. I wasn't sure whether I was going to like it so I purchased the travel sized edition for just €10. I'm so glad I did. It's a moisturiser and a highlighter hybrid. The iridescent particles included are just enough without appearing too glittery. In my opinion, strobing is not only about highlighting your face, it’s also a certain texture or feel that you add to your skin. This product is so dewy and makes my skin look so awake. Mostly I apply it to my skin before foundation but often I find myself adding it as a base for my powder highlighter after foundation as well. You only need to add the tiniest amount to get an effect so I know it will last me ages.

A Brown Skirt
Such an ominous title. I have been adding bits and pieces to my wardrobe to try and transcend into autumn and this has been one of my favourites thus far. This one I purchased in H&M for €12. It works well with anything and I can't wait to pair it up with black tights and boots when the weather gets colder. I'm almost 100% sure you can't get this in H&M anymore but I found similar ones online here and here. They're sure to sell out fast though.

How To Be A Parisian (wherever you are)
Anyone who knows me will know that I have been having a love affair with Paris for pretty much the entire length of my existence. When I got this book I wasn't expecting much. It's kind of one of those aesthetically pleasing books that looks good on one's bookshelf. While there's no denying that fact, I actually really liked it. It was witty and poetic and nonchalant. It covers a myriad of topics such as attitude, style and literature. It has no structure to it so you can just glimpse through chapters waywardly and skip ones you don't find appealing. To find out more about this book you can click here



21 comments

  1. I have also wanted to read How to be Parisian, maybe not!! Also I need to buy a brown skirt for Autumn xox
    www.emmalanglands.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brown skirts are definitely a MUST especially now that it's so close to Autumn! Great post lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read How to be Parisian for months now! definitely need to buy it x

    howlindycsit.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely have to check this book out! Great post! 💞

    -kimberleyjessica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love posts like this - I actually did one as well! I have been wanting to get that book for a while so maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own a few skirts from H&M, they are great value for money xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, its such a surprise to know that that book is more than just a coffee table asset!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of that book and I've heard so much about the MAC cream but I've not got my hands on it yet! Www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of the MAC strobe cream! Why do I always want to spend my money on MAC?
    ellieslittleeworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this blog post! Very thoughtful and stylish! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That book is on my wish list! Great post :) x

    www.acrushonlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book sounds really interesting, I'll have to buy it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love How to be Parisian it's my one of my favourite books and I might have to try out that strobe cream too!

    Anna | FarewellMay

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen this book but have never picked it up after reading this will Defo be purchasing xx Pixie www.pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always been undecided about trying mac strobe cream, might have to give it a go! Fab blog post ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ever since I did my trip to Paris I have been in love, I honestly didn't think I would love it that much.
    I actually have that book written down on my birthday wishlist because it is coming soon and I'm so excited.
    I will probably go back to Paris for christmas and I will take that book with me I can't wait.

    xx Sofia | www.theglamchapter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cleanser sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think I would be able to pull off a brown skirt but I do need MACs strobe cream

    Tasha x

    http://itsatashathing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg that book is a must have!!! I need to find it, looks like an interesting read. And the face cleanser...you can't go wrong having to much of that in your home! Lol, great post!!

    KeepingupwithMJ.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tadarise 40mg Tablet which is builds the blood flow to the penis by loosening up the muscles in penile blood vessels henceforth, treating Erectile Dysfunctioning. It additionally treats aspiratory hypertension by loosening up the blood vessels in the lungs to permit blood to flow all the more without any problem.

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig